2 rebels killed, weapons seized in Bukidnon clash
August 13, 2019 - Tuesday 11:08 AM by Ruth Palo
DAVAO CITY -- Two suspected members of the Communist Party of the Philippines-New People’s Army (CPP-NPA) were killed in a clash with government troops in Bukidnon on August 11, 2019.
First Lieutenant Krescelle Renoblas, public affairs officer of the Army’s 65th Infantry Battalion (IB), said government troopers clashed with NPA members in Barangay San Rafael,T alakag, Bukidnon at around 7:50 a.m. on Sunday.
She said they received information about the presence of the rebels in the barangay through the former members of Militia ng Bayan (MB), Sangay ng Partido sa lokalidad (SPL), and Underground Mass Organization (UGMO).
Renoblas said the government troops were already on security operations when they encountered the members of Sub-Regional Centro de Gravedad, Sub- Regional Committee 5 under North Central Mindanao Regional Command.
The firefight lasted for 10 minutes. The soldiers retrieved the bodies of the slain rebels at the battle site and handed them over to the Talakag Municipal Police Station for proper disposition and identification.
Government forces also recovered two M16 and one M14 rifles.
Persons affected by Taal eruption reach 96K
MANILA -- The eruption of Taal Volcano has so far affected 96,000 individuals, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Manag ...3 hours ago
DILG rallies support for new PNP chief
MANILA -- The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) is throwing its full support for newly-appointed Philipp ...3 hours ago
Water service cut in some Toril, Agdao, Bajada areas Jan 20-21, 22, 23
Davao City Water District advises customers of three separate sets of water service interruptions. In the first set, low water pres ...1 day ago
UCCP denies violating laws on Haran operations
DAVAO CITY -- United Church of Christ in the Philippines (UCCP) Mindanao Bishop Hamuel Tequis on Thursday denied allegations the H ...1 day ago