Davao Global Township to help address unemployment problem
April 01, 2019 - Monday 7:04 AM by Judy Quiros(From left) Jose Franco Soberano-EVP of CLI, Jose Soberano-YHEST chairman and CLI CEO,YHEST President Fredericjk Yuson, and Jason Juang of YHEST corporation. (Judy Quiros)
DAVAO CITY -- The P33-billion Davao Global Township (DGT) project that will soon rise at the 22-hectare former Matina Golf Course is expected to create significant number of jobs for Davaoeños.
YHEST Realty and Development Corporation Chairman and Cebu Landmasters Inc. (CLI) Chief Executive Officer Jose Soberano said the Cebu IT Park is only 70 percent developed but has already generated up to about 70,000 workers.
“We’re looking at the same number for DGT including the mall, residential towers, hotel, Cineplex and other business activities inside the township,” Soberano said during the grand launching of DGT Friday at Park Inn by Radison Hotel.
DGT is a project of YHEST Realty and Development Corporation, a joint venture among Davao homegrown Yuson, Huang and Tan families who belong to the Villa Abrille clan of Davao and CLI. .
The Township is the third and biggest project of YHEST Realty in the city. Their first project is Mesa Tierra, a garden residential condominium which is already 98 percent sold out, followed by Paragon Davao, a mixed-use property to host Citadenes Paragon Davao that was launched in November last year.
YHEST President Fred Yuson announced during the launch that they have already started ground works on Phase 1 of DGT which is estimated to cost P10 billion spanning an extensive 93,000 square meters of gross floor area.
Targeted to be finished in 2022, Phase I of DGT include a corporate center, two premier residential towers, a retail strip with a cineplex and outdoor retail spaces called the DGT Town Strip as well as a civic center to be named DGT Gallery.
Since it is a golf course, Soberano said no structures or homes will be affected. He assured the development will help enhance the residential area.
“Our presence will improve the lifestyle and overall impact of the community,” he said.
He also assured the huge project will not cause traffic congestion to the mostly serene residential area.
The development also will be environment-friendly as the developers has set aside 40 percent for open green spaces to bring in a free and vibrant feel. The rest or a total of 60 percent will be for the buildings as confirmed by CLI executive vice president Jose Franco Soberano.
The two residential towers set on 6,600 square meters property will have a thousand residential units. The DGT Gallery will be the focal point of the township where people commune,celebrate, appreciate culture and arts. The DGT Town Strip serves as leisure area for shopping, dining, recreation and wellness. It will house a 3-level indoor cineplex mall, shopping street, restaurant buildings and event spaces and one hectare park of lush greenery. The corporate center will stand in 24 floors holding an array of world class corporate offices.
LOOK: Road accident leaves 8 dead in Davao City
IN PHOTOS: Rescuers from Central 911 pull out bodies from under sacks of rice from a trailer truck that had rammed into several vehi ...1 month ago
NUJP condemns ‘mistaken identity’ arrest of journalist
DAVAO CITY -- The National Union of Journalists of the Philippines (NUJP) on Monday condemned the arrest of journalist a ...1 month ago
Young entrepreneurs take center stage in Pinoy MSME Expo
DAVAO CITY -- Southern Mindanao has become a hub for young entrepreneurs who now make up a good percent ...5 days ago
Davao City’s remote districts are now open for business
This was announced by Davao City Investment Promotion Center (DCIPC) chief Lemuel Ortonio made this offer during the rec ...3 weeks ago