April 17, 2021 - Saturday
Website Name Image
Weather icon
25.85 ℃, Overcast clouds
Davao City, Philippines

Duterte cancels tonight’s public address as PSG members contract COVID-19

April 07, 2021 - Wednesday 8:04 PM by Jose Ronald F. Siongco

Article Banner Image PRESIDENTIAL PHOTO

President Rodrigo Roa Duterte cancelled his Talk to the People tonight, April 7, 2021, after some members of his Presidential Security Group (PSG) tested positive for COVID-19.

Prior to its cancellation, Duterte’s weekly national address was usually aired every Monday night but was postponed to Wednesday.

In a radio interview on Wednesday afternoon, long time close aide and Senator Bong Go said that for the past few days, “may mga nadiskubreng positibo sa kanyang PSG close-in security.”

“Kahapon nalaman namin na mismong si (Defense) Secretary (Delfin) Lorenzana ay positibo,” he added.

Go stressed they cannot put Duterte’s “security” at risk forcing the Office of the President and PSG to cancel his talk.

He assured the public that “there is nothing to worry about his health” reiterating that “nasa mabuting kalagayan ang ating Pangulo”

“Magkasama po kami kanina sa mallit na munting Bahay Pagbabago niya.”

The very busy and highly visible legislator refused to divulge the number of PSG members who contracted the coronavirus disease due to “confidentiality and lahat ng information when it comes sa security ng Presidente” but he said “marami-rami.”

“Very, very dangerous. Delikado po isugal natin ang buhay ng Pangulo,” he emphasized.

When asked if Duterte took a RT-PCR test to discount possible exposure from the virus, Go answered, “regular naman nagpapa-swab si Pangulong Duterte and so far naman, sa awa ng Diyos, negatibo naman kung pagbabasehan last swab test. Wala kayo dapat ikabahala.” MDM

Advertisement
Advertisement