Go asks Filipinos coming from China to abide by quarantine procedures
February 04, 2020 - Tuesday 6:02 PM by MDMSenator Christopher Lawrence Go speaks to reporters in Pasay City where he distributed financial and relief assistance to fire victims on Monday. Contributed photo
Senator Christopher Lawrence Go on Monday urged Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and returning Filipinos from China to abide by the 14-day quarantine protocol the government will impose to prevent the spread of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Acute Respiratory Disease (2019 n-CoV ARD) in the country.
“Sundin po natin. ‘Yan po ang hiningi ng tao, at nagdesisyon ang pamahalaan na magkaroon muna ng travel ban, at para naman sa Filipino citizens na uuwi rito at kailangang i-quarantine, sundin na lang po natin,” Go said in an interview after he distributed financial and relief assistance to fire victims in Pasay City.
Go was reacting to reports that some OFWs expressed dismay at the quarantine.
“Kalusugan po ninyo ang nakataya rito. Rest assured po na ang pamahalaan, si Pangulong Rodrigo Duterte, uunahin namin ang interes, kalusugan at kapakanan ng lahat ng Pilipino,” he said.
President Rodrigo Duterte had decided to expand the temporary travel ban to all flights between the Philippines and China, including its Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau. Previously, the Philippine government imposed a ban only on flights from and to Hubei Province, where Wuhan City, the place where the 2019-nCoV ARD emerged, is located.
The expanded ban covers all travelers and not only Chinese nationals. Filipinos and holders of Permanent Resident Visa, meanwhile, are allowed to return to the country but will be subjected to a 14-day quarantine period upon arrival.
Go said the government will also address the complaints of foreigners affected by the ban.
For OFWs who are in the country for a vacation and need to go back to China to finish their contracts, Go said the relevant government agencies will assist them.
“The Department of Labor and Employment will address that issue and, of course, ang ating Department of Foreign Affairs,” he said.
PRRD retains 1-meter distancing in public transport
MANILA – President Rodrigo Duterte has decided to retain the one-meter physical distancing among commuters in public tr ...22 hours ago
Industrial garbage back in S. Korea: BOC exec
CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY -- The 7,500 metric tons of industrial garbage that were dumped in the Misamis Oriental town of Tagoloan ...21 hours ago
Bong Go pushes for NHDPF bill to provide housing for poor, distributes aid to Talisay City fire victims
Senator Christopher “Bong” Go has again called on the timely passage of his Senate Bill 203, also known as the “Nationa ...16 hours ago
Mayor Isko calls for unity, cooperation in saving Manila Bay
MANILA – Manila Mayor Francisco ‘Isko Moreno’ Domagoso called for unity and cooperation in cleaning up the ...17 hours ago