Iloilo records 3 dengue deaths in 2 days
June 25, 2019 - Tuesday 7:06 PM by PNA
ILOILO CITY -- The Iloilo Provincial Health Office (PHO) has recorded three dengue deaths in a span of two days.
The province has recorded one death from Passi City on June 18 while the town of Concepcion and Sara has recorded one each on June 19.
"Those are the three cases. As of now, those deaths have not yet secured death certificates, but those are counted as our additional dengue deaths," Dr. Maria Socorro Colmenares-Quiñon, the provincial health officer said in an interview Monday.
With the new deaths recorded, dengue deaths in the province have already jumped to 18.
PHO record from January 1 to June 19 this year shows the province has now 3,202 dengue cases.
Pototan has the most number of cases at 316, Passi City has 270, Concepcion has 208, Calinog has 204, and Ajuy has 154.
The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (PDRRMC) has convened on Monday to address dengue cases in the province.
San Fernando in Carles town has already been declared under a state of calamity due to the rise of dengue cases. Since its monitoring from May 14, the Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (MDRRMO) in Carles said San Fernando recorded 65 dengue cases.
“The governor (Arthur Defensor Sr.) instructed us to allot seven to 10 days to gather the data from villages, towns, district hospitals, Western Visayas Medical Center, Western Visayas State University Medical Center (WVSUMC) and other hospitals here in the city,” said Dr. Jerry Bionat, PDRRMO head.
Bionat said the governor who already considered the dengue cases in the province as “alarming”, wanted to have a clearer “picture of the situation” for the next 10 days.
Quiñon, meanwhile, said the PHO had been incessantly campaigning for the"4S" strategy against dengue.
This "4S" strategy consists of: Search and destroy mosquito breeding places, Secure self-protection, Seek early consultation and Support fogging/ spraying only in hotspot areas where an increase in cases is registered for two consecutive weeks to prevent an impending outbreak.
“Again, we ask everyone’s cooperation. Even those who are in our workforce, to allot at least ten minutes in cleaning the surrounding,” she said.
LOOK: Road accident leaves 8 dead in Davao City
IN PHOTOS: Rescuers from Central 911 pull out bodies from under sacks of rice from a trailer truck that had rammed into several vehi ...3 months ago
NUJP condemns ‘mistaken identity’ arrest of journalist
DAVAO CITY -- The National Union of Journalists of the Philippines (NUJP) on Monday condemned the arrest of journalist a ...3 months ago
Go vows further help for OFW he helped recover from coma
Senator Christopher Lawrence Go checked on the condition of Aljohn Andrade, an overseas Filipino worker who is undergoing therapy after f ...1 day ago
PRO 11 awaits manhunt order vs freed convicts
DAVAO CITY -- The Police Regional Office (PRO) 11 is awaiting directives from the Philippine National Police (PNP) for t ...1 day ago