PH, China sign six agreements on education, sci-tech, economy
August 30, 2019 - Friday 10:08 AM by MDMPresident Rodrigo Duterte receives a warm welcome from Chinese Ambassador to the Philippines Zhao Jianhua upon his arrival at the Beijing Capital International Airport in the People's Republic of China on August 28, 2019. ACE MORANDANTE/PRESIDENTIAL PHOTO
The eighth meeting between President Rodrigo Duterte and Chinese President Xi Jinping resulted in the Philippines and China entering into six agreements for cooperative measures and assistance in the key areas of education, science and technology, economic growth, and others.
Presidential Spokesperson and Chief Presidential Legal Counsel Salvador Panelo enumerated these agreements as the following:
- Exchange of Notes on Cooperation Procedure for the Availment and Utilization of Concessional Loan under a Renminbi-denominated Loan Facility (between the Philippine DFA and the China International Development Cooperation Agency);
- Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation in the Field of Higher Education from 2019 to 2024 (between the Philippine CHED and Chinese Ministry of Education);
- Memorandum of Understanding on Scientific and Technological Cooperation (between the Philippine DOST and Chinese Ministry of Science and Technology);
- Cooperative Arrangement on the Implementation of the Intergovernmental Agreement Regarding Cooperation and Mutual Assistance in Customs Matters (between the Philippine DOF/BOC and the Chinese General Administration of Customs);
- Implementation Contract on Project of China-Aid Container Inspection Equipment (between the Philippine DOF/BOC and the Chinese Ministry of Commerce); and
- Preferential Buyer's Credit Loan Agreement of Project Management Consultancy of the Philippine National Railways South Long Haul Project (between the Philippine DOF and the Export-Import Bank of China).
“The President’s activities on the second day of his official visit here in China are a reflection of continued good faith and warm friendship between the two presidents, and undoubtedly a testament to the enhanced and enduring bond between the Philippines and China,” Panelo said.
CDO city council okays anti-discrimination ordinance
CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY (MindaNews) — The Sangguniang Panlungsod here on Monday unanimously passed a landmark ordinanc ...3 hours ago
Hatid Tulong sends home at least 4,500 Mindanawons stranded in Manila
DAVAO CITY (MindaNews) – A total of 2,753 Mindanawons stranded in Manila were sent home by bus or boat from July 2 ...1 month ago
Rise in maternal deaths, unintended pregnancies feared due to COVID-19
MANILA -- The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted family planning and maternal and newborn health services globall ...4 hours ago
ARBOs, Institutional Markets sa Region 8, makakatuwang ng gobyerno sa programa kontra gutom - Nograles
“Labingtatlong Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Organizations at 17 Institutional Markets sa Region 8 ang m ...4 hours ago