PH, China sign six agreements on education, sci-tech, economy
August 30, 2019 - Friday 10:08 AM by MDMPresident Rodrigo Duterte receives a warm welcome from Chinese Ambassador to the Philippines Zhao Jianhua upon his arrival at the Beijing Capital International Airport in the People's Republic of China on August 28, 2019. ACE MORANDANTE/PRESIDENTIAL PHOTO
The eighth meeting between President Rodrigo Duterte and Chinese President Xi Jinping resulted in the Philippines and China entering into six agreements for cooperative measures and assistance in the key areas of education, science and technology, economic growth, and others.
Presidential Spokesperson and Chief Presidential Legal Counsel Salvador Panelo enumerated these agreements as the following:
- Exchange of Notes on Cooperation Procedure for the Availment and Utilization of Concessional Loan under a Renminbi-denominated Loan Facility (between the Philippine DFA and the China International Development Cooperation Agency);
- Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation in the Field of Higher Education from 2019 to 2024 (between the Philippine CHED and Chinese Ministry of Education);
- Memorandum of Understanding on Scientific and Technological Cooperation (between the Philippine DOST and Chinese Ministry of Science and Technology);
- Cooperative Arrangement on the Implementation of the Intergovernmental Agreement Regarding Cooperation and Mutual Assistance in Customs Matters (between the Philippine DOF/BOC and the Chinese General Administration of Customs);
- Implementation Contract on Project of China-Aid Container Inspection Equipment (between the Philippine DOF/BOC and the Chinese Ministry of Commerce); and
- Preferential Buyer's Credit Loan Agreement of Project Management Consultancy of the Philippine National Railways South Long Haul Project (between the Philippine DOF and the Export-Import Bank of China).
“The President’s activities on the second day of his official visit here in China are a reflection of continued good faith and warm friendship between the two presidents, and undoubtedly a testament to the enhanced and enduring bond between the Philippines and China,” Panelo said.
BJMP suspends Zambo City jail construction
ZAMBOANGA CITY -- The Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP) has temporarily suspended the construction of the new detentio ...7 hours ago
Uy confident of Davao de Oro name change ratification
DAVAO CITY -- Compostela Valley Province Governor Jayvee Tyrone Uy expressed confidence that the law renaming the province to Dava ...7 hours ago
Go: Let Filipinos be the judge of drug war
For Senator Christopher Lawrence Go, it is the Filipino people and not President Rodrigo Duterte’s critics who will judge if the government&r ...7 hours ago
Go pushes for DOH 2020 budget increase
Senator Christopher Lawrence Go on Tuesday defended and pushed for the budget increase of the Department of Health (DOH) during the Senate plenary ...2 days ago