July 06, 2020 - Monday
Website Name Image
Weather icon
26.85 ℃, Broken clouds
Davao City, Philippines

Senator Migz Zubiri donates respirator, medical supplies for COVID-19 fight

June 29, 2020 - Monday 12:06 PM by MDM

Article Banner Image

MALAYBALAY CITY, Bukidnon, June 27 (PIA)— Senate majority leader Juan Miguel Zubiri and Bukidnon 3rd district Congressman Manuel “Manoy” Zubiri on Wednesday turned over a respirator and clinical supplies to Bukidnon Provincial Medical Center (BPMC) for coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).

Dr. Miguel Antonio Prantilla, Chief of Hospital, said the scantily equipped DOH-designated COVID facility within BPMC in Malaybalay City perks with these donations of a portable respirator, personal protective equipment (PPEs), and supplies.

“Thanks to Senator Migz Zubiri and his brother third district Congressman Manuel ‘Manoy’ Zubiri who jointly handed over their donations. These will go a long way in the war against COVID-19 in the province of Bukidnon,” Dr. Prantilla said.

The donations include a portable respirator; 2,000 pieces of disposable facemask; 15 boxes of 70% ethyl alcohol; 500 units of face shield; and 60 sets of clinical suits.

He indicated that the respirator is one of the key pieces of equipment to have on-hand in order to provide the highest level of care for patients especially those in critical conditions.

Suggested by media that more funds for the purpose ought to be appropriated by the government for Bukidnon hospitals, the Zubiri brothers said they bought the materials out of their own money and from some of their friends too.

In fact, the Zubiris added that all the provincial hospitals in other congressional districts in Bukidnon will soon have their own share of the donations.

Primarily intended for the medical frontliners, the donated materials came in the wake of the rise of COVID-sick persons who arrived in the province as Returning Overseas Filipinos (ROFs) and Locally Stranded Individuals (LSIs) from other provinces in the country.

To date, Bukidnon has recorded 14 cases of COVID-19 infections. Of this number, four had already recovered, while 10 are currently quarantined in different isolation facilities in this province. Records also show that none of them is locally infected because the said quarantined COVID-19 patients are ROFs and LSIs.  

Although all of the 1.4 million inhabitants in Bukidnon appear healthy, Gov. Jose Maria Zubiri Jr. urges all not to lower their guards.

“Let’s observe the health protocols always,” Gov. Zubiri said. (RLRB/PIA Bukidnon)       

Advertisement
Advertisement